Lady Gaga








Known for her individuality is an example of the Post-modern era. Her unique style and personality drive people today to be distinctive and rebel for freedom of creativity and individuality.

 On sexuality: “Being a woman in the pop world, sexuality is half poison and half liberation. What’s the line? I don’t have a line. I am the most sexually free woman on the planet, and I genuinely am empowered from a very honest place by my sexuality. … If I didn’t think I had the talent to back that up, I wouldn’t have done it.”

Meaning, sexuality is the style occurring during this time and to be a part of fashion then you got to play the part.  


Fashion Ideas:

Black and White dress appears to be from 1980s modern influence.  The large sleeves reminded me of the Power Era where an increase of women in the work world promoted women to dress similar to men.  Also, the dress reminds me of a flappers dress because the seam differentiating the dress from the body is very low (below hips).  Sometimes a flappers dress was low or nonexistent and reducing the appearance of a woman's hips which lady gaga's dress appears to do also.  

The Paint on Lady Gaga's Face reminds me of the 1980s rock trend where hair bands would paint their faces and dye their hair to falsely appear different or unique from other music genres.  

The White dress reminded me first of a variation of the 1850s hoop skirt.  Obviously, Lady Gaga's dress is shorter and does not contain such a large circumference as the 1850s dress did but the idea is still present.  Also, the empire waist resembles that of the late 18th century-early 19th century.  

The Red Dress appears to be a remake of a 16 century Renaissance dress.  It has a very noticeable ruff around the neck and large shoulders that narrow after the elbow that are characteristic of this time period.  

The Black dress reminds me of Egyptian style due to the large golden collar adorn with feathers.  

The Kermit the frog dress is an example Lady's Gaga's individuality to where anything she wants.  



No comments:

Post a Comment